Monday, July 05, 2010
Assalamualaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh...
My husband has been reminding me for thousand times already.. Blog ini telah terabai! Huhuhu... Padahal kebelakangan ni takde lah busy sgt.. For update, saye dah berpindah ke Putrajaya.. kuarters still tak dapat, so menumpang ngan Ummi n Abah dulu.. sekarang ni kerja within office hour, not involve with patients, no on-call, but kind of bored and the satisfaction was not yet felt… Maybe sebab takde kerja yang betul2 being assigned to me yet.. Ade pro and cons in doing this..
1. takyah on-call.. so my weekend is for me to spend with my family. Boleh attend wedding without thinking of weekend call.. takyah request weekend off from specialist. And the best part is, tidur sentiasa cukup (6-8 hours per day).
2. Near to family – since my family is in Putrajaya and my in-laws are in Shah Alam, the distance is very much lesser compared to previously. Kalau ade ape2 emergency, easier for me to get help and support, so also should there be any emergency in the family, I can always be by their side..
3. No extended working hour – previously, I’ll go to work at 7.30am and back home (if no on-call) at 6.30pm average.. In certain good day, boleh la balik pukul 5.30pm. Balik lewat tu dah biasa dah.. Kadang2 bukan sebab kerja banyak pon, tapi sebab tunggu the on-call people to pass-over.. or sometimes tunggu boss dtg round.. paling tak best kalo kena balik lewat after post-call.. But now, kalo balik lewat pon maybe sebab meeting habis lewat..
4. Waktu solat terjaga – Hehehe… ni memang takleh nak blame pon kalo solat lewat dulu, sbb lewat pon sebab patient tak stabil and kena make sure patient tak mati dulu.. but at least nowadays, boleh solat dalam waktu. Insya-Allah, will try to maintain that..
5. Ade work-space sendiri – In my office, I have my own workplace.. Cubicle yang agak luas.. Takyah bilik pon takpe lagi sebab cubicle ni dah cukup besar.. I have my own PC and cabinet to put my things.. Cuma nak kena decorate and touch-up sket la..
1. Skill hilang – actually, saye sayang my skill as a Pediatrics MO.. intubate patient, IV cannulation, arterial line cannulation, talking and explaining to patients’ parents.. duh… even determining patients’ problems pon need skills.. but to overcome this “feeling of emptiness”, maybe I need to do locum.
2. Less moving – duduk je kat office, rase cam kematu punggung and gelisah.. especially kalo tgh takde kerja.. urgh.. kalo dok kat spital, memang kena jalan2 sampai lenguh.. hahahah! But to overcome this, maybe kena ajak husband go for a jog or brisk-walking in the evening or weekend..
3. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork – Urgh.. I hate paperworks! But what can I say?! This job is mainly on doing paperwork, proposals, letters and etc… Maybe I can kind-of ignore the boredom by reading, since one of my task is to read A LOT OF MEDICAL JOURNALS!! Huhuhu.. macam balik ke library time study mase undergrad dulu..
Kadang2 datang terpikir jugak, am I doing the right choice? Is this what I really want? How do I make it as fun as working with children? Hmmm… tapi bile fikir panjang dan panjang dan panjang lagi, everything happened for a good reason.. On top of that, my husband would also be happy because I don’t have to leave him alone at home anymore..
Dia je yang pi naik kapal and tinggal saye… but at least I have my family around / near by.
So, kite tunggu dan lihat saje…